Saturday, April 19, 2008

One year in review

What?...I have a blog....oh yah. This year has blown by. Last year at this time I was finishing up grad school and those of you who remember the computer fiasco/crash know that was a crazy time!! Seems like I just got back from Haiti and now I am preparing to go again. Yes folks, again. This time only for two weeks; the first two weeks in July. Keri, Joe, and I will be going and getting camp kicked off. I can't wait to see those kids again.

This year has been a good one. I loved seeing my best friend get married in September. It has also been great having time with my family, resting, and rejuvenating the financial situation didn't hurt either :). I have loved to spend time with my awesome neices and nephews, brothers and sisters, and dads. And mom...what can I say...I love my mom, so this year has been great. However, I feel a change in the wind and I will soon be off. I spent a week in New England and had two interviews. I accepted a job in southern Vermont. I will be a houseparent for 7th and 8th grade girls at a large residential school/home. Check the place out at www.kurnhattin.org. It is a great place.

So, once again, on June 7th ish I say goodbye and move on. God's ways are above our ways and beyond our searching out. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" proverbs 16:9. I'm am so thankful for a God who is in control of all things and will be with me no matter where I go. He is my constant.

More to come about the move and Haiti.

No comments: