Saturday, June 21, 2008

1 week until Haiti


Thanks to a few of my closest friends in Winona Lake I was able to raise close to $1000 for crafts, games, school supplies, and camp t-shirts. Thanks to Jon, Nicole, and Jessica for all your hard work and most of all for your love and support!! I miss you guys a ton! The painting you see here is an original watercolor by Nicole Moore and is this summer's camp t-shirt design. AWESOME Nic!!!! The verses you see on the design, Jeremiah 17 and John 15 are our theme Bible verses for the summer. We will focus on being rooted in Christ and producing the fruit of the Spirit. I wrote a theme song for the summer called "Down by the River". Here are the lyrics:

Don't be a weed tossed in the wind. Send your roots down deep, go down down in. Trust that Jesus cleans your sin. Go down to His river and JUST RIGHT IN!


CHORUS: Down by the river. Roots go down by the river. Down by the river, up come fruit and leaves are green.


The sun comes up. Its HOT HOT HOT. I'm not scared. No I'm not. I'll stand strong and I won't go. I'll stand with Jesus and GROW GROW GROW!


CHORUS: Down by the river. Roots go down by the river. Down by the river, up come fruit and leaves are green.

I can't wait to see those kids singing and dancing again!!


Keri, Joe, Emmanuel and I leave on Saturday June 28th and return July 13th. Emmanuel is a 7 year old Haitian boy. He is living with Keri and Joe currently and recieving medical treatment for club feet. He will be coming to Haiti with us to visit his family and then will return to the US for more treatment. Please pray that his paperwork goes smoothly so he can return to the US with us. He has never been able to walk and with about 1 more year of treatment he should be able to walk for the first time. I have been living with Keri, Joe and Emmanuel for almost three weeks now until my apartment opens up in here is Vermont in July. I am blessed to see such sacrificial love in action as Keri and Joe love this little boy as if he was their own. Emmanuel is a precious soul !! And a TON of work :) Potty training a 7 yr. old paraplegic....phew!!!

Okay, stay tuned for news from Haiti !! Bonswa zanmi. (goodbye friends)

2 comments:

Jonathan Erdman said...

Awesome.

We miss you too.

I look forward to seeing what God will do this summer in Haiti. Wow. All the best!

Andy and Kelly said...

Only a couple more days! Have a good flight - I'll keep up with the blog - thanks for the t-shirt!
~Kel