Wednesday, August 1, 2007

BIG NEWS and more

First of all, I want to tell everyone about Wandy. He is a 13 year old boy who my friend Keri brought to the states last year for surgery on his head. He was severely burned when he fell at the market into some boiling oil. If all goes smoothly with paperwork Wandy will be flying out of Haiti with Keri and I when we leave on the 12th. So, here is where you all come in. Keri has personally taken on the cost of helping Wandy. I would love to give her a gift of money from anyone who feels like supporting this cause. Wandy's medical visa costs around $200 we think and his plane ticket was $500. If anyone would like to give money it would be best to write a check to me and send it to Sara Frantz 3148W 1050N Milford, IN 46542. Mom, I guess this would be one more thing for you to put in my pile of mail for when I get home :) Anyway, I just wanted to put that out there.

SO, now to the other BIG NEWS. I have mixed emotions on many levels about what I am telling you all. I recieved a personal email about two weeks ago asking if I was interested in a job. The job is a temporary one year position in the Wawasee School Corporation, where I grew up. They are looking to hire a full time school psychologist and need someone to take care of business until they can hire someone. Being the person that I am, I let life come to me, and I feel God opens doors for a reason. So...I said yes. It will be a great opportunity financially as I will be able to stay with my parents. But I am deeply sad not to return to Indianapolis. Living with my parents at 26...hmmm, that does something to the pride as well, but luckily, my parents are great! I just have to trust that God knows what he is doing and jump on for the ride. I will miss GG19 to death and I love you all. I will be coming down to indy soon to see you all, don't worry :). I do however start my job two days after I return home so it might have to be over a weekend. So anyway, camp is coming to a close and I am starting to feel that sad closure lump in my throat. I just love these kids! Can't wait to share more later.

3 comments:

Hollywood said...

I do feel the pain for the loss your friends in Indy will have now that you'll be back in Kosciusko...but I have to say I had the HUGEST smile on my face when I read that you will be back!!!! Selfish I know...I'll work on it=)

Our little family... said...

Congrats on the new job!! That is so exciting for you and I know a huge relief. We are definitely going to miss you in Indy, but know that you won't be too far away. Our guest room is always open!!

nancy said...

hi sara, i just read your blog of your time in haiti as well as your commitment to children in general, and passion for life. i'm so glad you are here at kurn hattin, and that we can connect on some levels. one of them now being GLA and heartline. i just sent you an email (i got your email from leah) re: our 'partnership' with those two organizations. please do consider yourself a liason (sp?) and advisor on how we should handle our collaboration and donations to these agencies. i appreciate you and anything you can do to support KH effort to support haiti. thanks so much, nancy