Tuesday, July 3, 2007

English Camp begins

Bonjeux...(Hello) from Haiti. Thanks friends for checking in on me and letting me know you are praying for me on your comments. I appreciate it so much. We have made it through the first two days of camp...WHEW!! So far my English class has learned Hello, how are you....good, fine, not too good, great. The days of the week and body parts. I am learning Creole as well. What a challenge!!! Luckily I have a very good translator who helps me teach and translate the Bible studies and anything else. His name is Alex. He is in his early 20's and was raised in an orphanage, now living on his own and attends church with the missionaries I stay with. This week our theme is the "belt of truth". The Bible study I gave to the little ones at camp was about "truths" about God. They came up with: powerful, made everything, can do anything, and a couple more I cant think of. We had them say God is...(all of the above) to each other in Creole and then English. This was to help them to learn to encourage each other with truths about God to battle against their fears. Key verse was Hebrews 3:13. Please pray for wisdom as the three leaders prepare Bible lessons every day. The kids are loving the theme song "Lord's Army" and do the motions. Ro-Ro, the belts of truth were awesome today. And Collette, we used the stamps and made prayer journals with the older kids today. They enjoyed them. So...things are going well so far. I will keep updating as much as I can. I don't think I will be able to post pictures at this point because the computer is quite slow, but maybe later in the summer. Thanks for your prayers. Bonswa...(Goodbye)

1 comment:

Hollywood said...

Sounds awesome Sara. So glad things are going well, and that the kids are enjoying you all...not that I had any doubts=) I'm excited to keep hearing what the Lord is doing and going to do for all of you while you're down there.