Monday, July 23, 2007

Hint Hint...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been able to check my email pretty regularly lately and do check my myspace as well ...hint hint....I would love to hear what has been happening back in the states. This week starts the second half of the summer. We are trying to keep camp fresh and fun. I would be embarrassed if people saw half the things I have been doing here at camp....dancing like a fool with these kids. I just love to hear them laugh, and me dancing , well, lets just say that is something to laught at :) I think I forgot to mention that all the kids got their teeth cleaned last week by a dental hygienist who came down. Not one of the 49 campers had ever had their teeth cleaned. Amazing. Jan ("dentist") said that they took the pain like champs because she knew she was hurting them much of the time she cleaned. They all got toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste. YOu would have thought we gave them a bag of money. They had been asking all week when they would get their toothbrushes. More later...

3 comments:

erikaboom said...

sara -
wow ... can i just tell you that i LOVE to read your blogs. they seriously make my day if not week. that is so awesome that the teeth cleaning went well. i really prayed hard it would --- i was afraid that maybe there would be some fear and pain involved ... but i knew they would take it like champs! i miss you all so much, and i'm so jealous that i'm not there to sing "come, now is the time to worship" with you all :)
<3

Joyce D. said...

Sara,

You may remember me as the "new girl" at your Mom's workplace. She shared your website address with us and I look in on you as time permits.

I wish you could know what an inspiration you are to those of us who don't have the adventurous spirit, but pray for a better world. You, and those working with you, are the answers to our prayers.

God bless you in your labor of love.

Katie and Adam said...

Sara,
You are truly amazing. We all continue to think about you and pray for you. Your blog brought tears to my eyes tonight. Thank you for what you represent to all those kids and also to all of us.

-Adam