Saturday, July 7, 2007

Week one of Camp...

Finne (finished)...with week one of English camp. We had a great first week! We had the award ceremony for our first campers of the week (Jeremy and Dylan they loved their metals). Nephtalie was the girl winner (the clincher for her win was when she (at 4 years old) stood up and recited the 23rd psalm in creole for us) and Jean-Ellie the boy. Keri and I gave a puppet show on Friday that was so fun. It was about Jonah and the Big Fish. We sprayed the kids with a water bottle when we talked about the storm. The kids were screaming and laughing. What fun. Its fun to act like a total dork every now and then. Friday is fun day in the afternoon and the kids got to swim in the pool. Wow, we used to be able to see the bottom of that pool...not anymore :) The kids loved it and were so good. We had to keep asking "ale peepee" which means "do you have to pee" to make sure they didn't go in the pool, ha! My kids are learning English so well and I am learning so much too. The kids laugh when I say things wrong in Creole. I can now count up to 1,000...well, sort of. I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers, especially for wisdom as we prepare lessons every evening after long days at camp with 50 kids. It gets very very draining! Today was a great refresher. Byron drove us to the ocean. Nothing like a swim in the Carribean to boost morale :)

2 comments:

indyjules said...

Hey Sara! It sounds incredible! Just want to remind you how much we all miss you and love you here in Indy! Also, remember you're being prayed for...

"Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men." Proverbs 22:29

Dina said...

WOW! I can honestly say that I am jealous and wish I was there with you. I miss you lots, but know we will be in touch before long. Please know that my prayers are with you and I love getting the updates. In Christ alone.....